The primary mission of the Department of Chemistry is to provide specialization programs which prepare students with education and training for entry into college school.
The secondary mission is to provide students with an understanding of the physical world through core educational requirements in chemistry and general physical science.
After completing the requirements each grade level in chemistry our students will:
- Understand experimental objectives; properly carry out experiments and appropriately record data and critically analyze/interpret results.
- Know and follow proper procedures and regulations for safe handling and use of chemicals.
- Use standard laboratory equipment, modern instrumentation and classical techniques to carry out a wide range of experiments in organic, inorganic, analytical, biochemical and physical chemistry.
- Have the ability to work in teams to solve scientific problems.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively the concepts and results of experiments through written and oral communication.