The school clinic aims to improve the health of the school community, and to prevent diseases and contain them whenever they occur.
The School Clinic Activities can be summarized as Follows:
- The preparation of plans and programs related to preventive health care of the school’s community, and to evaluate and improve the school’s environment.
- To follow up with medical immunizations and infection control plans implemented by the school‘s health units. To coordinate and cooperate with the Ministry of Health to implement these programs as related to it, and in accordance with the national plan.
- Early detection of health problems of new students in different grade levels, using various medical check-ups.
- To supervise dental and oral health programs.
- To follow up and supervise nutritional activities of the school and cafeteria.
- To follow up with the medical services in the school.
- To perform any other duty as required by the administration as related to the job.
School Medical Check-Ups (Fitness, Comprehensive, Periodic):
Aims at early detecting of health problems that impedes the academic education and enrollment. In addition, it contributes to the early detection of chronic and infectious diseases. It aims at monitoring the growth levels and physical development of the students by updating basic vaccinations and establishing a statistical database for students at various grade levels.
Vaccinations are either part of a pre-planned national program for vaccines or are part of a periodical or emergency group of vaccines, which are conducted in case of communicable diseases.
Oral and Dental Health:
To participate in the preparation and implementation of a national program in the promotion of oral and dental health for school students. This can be done by providing lectures on tooth decay (prevention, treatment, nutrition, and oral and dental health), and to participate in the preparation of training workshops to raise health awareness in the manner of active learning.
Infectious Diseases Control:
Aims at preventing and decreasing the incident of infectious diseases, by detecting and controlling them as they occur, taking the necessary steps to control it and limit its spread.
Vaccination Programs and Infectious Diseases Control:
To coordinate with the Ministry of Health regarding executing vaccination campaigns in accordance with what has been decided for the appropriate grades. To provide the Ministry with the statistics needed, to follow up with the execution of these campaigns with the participating health units and centers, and to execute awareness campaigns prior to vaccination.
The Health of the School Environment Includes the Following:
- Supervision of health details of the school environment to ensure the availability of health conditions in the school building and supplies. To supervise the school cafeteria and to ensure that the school environment meets the appropriate health conditions.
- Preparation of a developed form to maintain the school environment and to suggest procedures to implement a program, which ensures a healthy school environment.
- Following up with the execution of monitoring programs on the school’s environment.
- Setting a health program for the school water supply, studying it and following up with the results through the samples taken from school water tanks after analyzing them. In addition, correcting what needs correction, such as washing or cleaning the water tanks.
- Participating in the preparation of scientific studies and following up with transactions related to some of the national committees which include:
- National Committee of Immunizations National Committee for the introduction of health education in the school curricula
- Participation in the coordination, review and revision of some chapters related to the quality assurance guidance in the primary health care issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Revision of the quality of immunizations in the primary health care guidance issued by the Ministry of Health.
- Preparation and revision of the tasks of the general administration of the medical services in the field of school nutrition.
- Revision of nutritional schedules and coordination with the department of food science and nutrition to correct meals according to the principles of science.
- Observation of products sold in the school cafeteria by supervising the cafeteria’s activities in coordination with the health units. And to report to the administration the types of food that have low nutritional value, in order to prevent its sale and to allow only the types of food that are rich with high nutritional value.
- To report to the educational economics department the violations of medical companies and establishments, and the measures taken to correct the situations in the cafeterias and buildings, in addition to the employees.
- Referring some food samples when necessary to the quality assurance labs to check for food safety, to follow up with the results, and to report them to the administration.
- Technical supervision of the school cafeterias and to correct their situations.
- Participation in preparing a handbook on the activities, functions and strategies of health awareness in the management of medical services.
- Preparation and follow up with the committees to introduce medical services in private schools.
- To follow up with the activities and monthly reports of health units under the supervision of the preventive management. To study these reports and activities, to identifies observations, and to communicate with the units.
- Participation in the scientific committee in order to prepare for health information seminars.
- Reviewing annual reports and suggesting appropriate solutions in relation to school health.
- Participation in implementing programs to reinforce health in schools.
- Preparation of simple guides for the disposal of medical waste.
- Preparation of infection control guides in school health units in collaboration with the department of Health Promotion.
- Coordination and arrangement of training sessions for the staff of the school clinic.
- Translating some of the experiences of other countries in the field of school health.
- Preparation of some leaflets and brochures about environmental health.
- Awareness and follow-up on the cleanliness of classrooms, school fields and various facilities.
- Perform any other duty required by the administration in this field.